Our Favorite Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup white whole wheat flour or all purpose (135 grams)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature (114 grams)
1 cup golden brown sugar, packed (215 grams)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Remove 1 teaspoon of flour from the 1 cup measure and set aside. Mix the remaining flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl; set aside.
Beat the butter and brown sugar using high speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the egg and beat just until incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture to batter, stirring just until absorbed. Then stir in oats and walnuts. Toss the frozen blueberries in the reserved teaspoon of flour and stir in the blueberries
Carefully shape into balls (mine were a little over an inch) and space about 2 ½ inches apart on the parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (check at 10). Let cool on cookie sheets for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
My yield was about 26 cookies but you could make them smaller and get a few more.
Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ C. sugar
3 XLG eggs, room temperature
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
8 oz. sour cream
¼ C. milk
2 ½ C. All-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 half pints fresh blueberries (2 C.)
· Cream butter & sugar 5 minutes on low, adding eggs one at the time. Add vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
· Sift together flour, baking powder, & salt. Add on low speed to batter. Beat until just mixed.
· Fold in blueberries with spatula.
· Grease tops of muffin pan. Fill each just over the top.
Bake at 350° 25-30 minutes until lightly browned & tester comes out clean.
Blueberry Salsa for Pork
· 1 (2-lb.) package pork tenderloins $
· 2 tablespoons olive oil $
· 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
· 2 cups fresh blueberries $
· 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
· 1/4 cup chopped green onions
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
· 1/4 cup mango chutney
· 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Thank you for your interest in fresh locally grown food.